Sunday, April 14, 2013

A mother's example

My mother is a special and important person in my life. She has sacrificed so many things my brothers and I and I am so grateful for all that she does. She is a beautiful person and I'm continually amazed by her love and care that she shows on a daily basis. One of the things that stands out to me is her willingness to help me in the mornings of the day. Honestly these past few months have been very busy. Between planning a wedding, playing on the BYU soccer team, working 20 hours a week, and going to school full time at BYU, life can get pretty hectic at times. But thanks to the help of my mother I am able to do all of these things simultaneously. Twice a week I have to get up at four in the morning because of the commute that I have drive to get to school. On those days my sweet mother also gets up at four in the morning to make me breakfast and also a lunch to take to school. She then goes back to bed after I leave so that she can go to work and do the rest of the things she needs to during the day. When I ask myself why she is willing to wake up so early only one thing comes to mind. Love. She never complains and she is up without fail every time I have to be up so early. I hope that I can be like my mom one day when I have my own family. I hope that I can be as loving and kind as she is and always had been. I love my mother so much and I owe her everything. She is an example to me of what a parent should be.

2 comments:

  1. Your story about your mother getting up at four in the morning is amazing, that is true love. I am so grateful for my mom too, and don't know how I would have survived college without her support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It shows the love of your mother and that is precious.

    ReplyDelete