Monday, April 8, 2013

(Make Up Post) An attitude of gratitude

Last week I was on a trip in Portland with the BYU soccer team. Our goalie and captain, Bryan Hale, taught me a great lesson in a simple conversation that we had at a team dinner. As we were eating he brought up the topic of being grateful. He listed several things that he was grateful for that I found myself taking for granted. Seeing his humility and recognition of the small things in his life prompted me to ask myself, "Am I grateful for the small things in my life?" "Do I realize all that the Lord has given me?" As I pondered upon these things I found that I can do a much better job of living with an attitude of gratitude. The very air we breath and the earth we live on are blessings from a loving Heavenly Father. Each new day, our families and our friends, and the gospel of Jesus Christ are wonderful blessings we can enjoy. We as a people have great reason to rejoice. Look to find the blessings in your life large and small, and you will find greater happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment