Sunday, April 14, 2013

My special grandmother

Unfortunately my grandmother died about ten years ago. Even thought she is gone I still have the memories of her in my heart and mind. When I think of my grandma two things come to mind; cooking and endurance. My grandmother's cooking was absolutely divine. She would always cook us a large and delicious breakfast every time we came to visit her. She made us pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, fruit, and cereal all for breakfast. It was wonderful! She thoroughly enjoyed cooking for us and expected us to eat everything that she made. She would ask, "Kip, would like some more?" I would respond, "No thanks grandma. I can't eat anymore." Then she would literally slap some food on my plate. When it came to eating more food no was simply no an option for her grand kids. The other thing that always stood out to me was her endurance throughout life. My grandmother had been through a lot of physical trials that were very painful. She needed heart surgery three times, broke her hip at age 75, and her leg was run over by a giant tractor which left a brick size dent in her leg. These are just a few of the things that she went through and she still pressed on. She went on to live over 80 years of age and she found joy in her family. I love my grandma and I hope to see her again one day on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment