Monday, April 8, 2013

(Make Up Post) Did you think to pray?

I absolutely loved President Monson's talk last conference titled, "Consider the Blessings." It is one of my all-time favorites. I wrote a little summary of what I have learned from his teachings about prayer. Prayer is essential for our happiness. At times we may question if our prayers are ever heard and answered. One of the greatest joys in mortality is to know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers. He is in the details of our lives. These answers can come in a variety of ways but often He will answer our sincere petitions through the service of others. Prayer is simple and profound. Through prayer we can converse with the Maker of the universe, the designer of the plan of salvation, and the Father of our spirits. We can receive guidance from He who knows all things. Because of prayer I was able to obtain a witness that God does live and is ever close to us. This provides meaning and direction in all that I do. How grateful I am for the opportunity to pray each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer has been a struggle for me for most of my life. Scripture study, church attendance, etc. have always been enjoyable and less challenging, but for some reason it took me a while to really put my heart into my prayers, so I didn't enjoy it. God is gradually helping me to overcome this weakness, and while I'm still nowhere near where I want to be, I am really growing to love the peace and joy that can come through prayer.

    ReplyDelete