Sunday, April 14, 2013

Would you rather be deaf of blind?

This is a really tough question. Each one has its pro and cons, but I believe I would rather be deaf. It would be really hard to live your life never being able to hear the voice of your family, friends, and others. I really can't imagine how hard that would be. But what would give me hope is that I know that I could learn to communicate with others. Whether it be through sign language or some other way it doesn't really matter as long as some form of communication could be achieved. I remember that there was one missionary in my mission who was deaf and he was an awesome missionary. He truly loved the people that he taught and he had so much faith. He didn't allow his disability to hinder him and everyone who was his companion learned a lot from him. So if given the choice I would have to go with being deaf because I feel that it could to some degree be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment